Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadians, slavery and the health care system: OT...oh and Nazis too [No Nazis]
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 22:09:34 -0500

On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 08:00  PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Hey guys, you folks are creating a strained relationship with me and the
> slaves I keep 'round here cleanin' the property, grass cut and the
> stables
> mucked out!

jesus, ted.  you would be in SO MUCH trouble for making jokes like this
around here.

no white person in america can get away with joking about slavery, so i
don't mean this as a criticism of you.  i find interesting the societal
divisions of humor (it's a PC thing, though "PC" has gotten so
loaded. . . .) in america.

anyhoo, seen spike lee's _bamboozled_.  i thought it was brilliant
because it, like _do the right thing_, took on the issue of race in that
balls-to-the-wall way that only spike lee seems brave enough to do.

okay, so i promise not to talk about his anymore.  cross my heart and
hope to die.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"There's no way drugs can affect music in a negative way."
	--Brian Wilson

"I pledge allegiance to Queen Frag and her mighty state of hysteria."
	--Calvin and Hobbes

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

Replies: Reply from "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> (Re: [Leica] Canadians, slavery and the health care system: OT...oh and Nazis too [No Nazis])