Subject: Re: [Leica] Graham's landscapes
From: "Douglas Herr"<telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:19:32 -0700

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:29:55 -0600 John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Very few of us will break new ground or stretch
> the medium in any small or significant way.

Yes I agree wholeheartedly.  In many respects I'll be happy if I can be
proficient in producing decent landscapes or portraits but in no way do I
expect to break new ground with these photos.  With my wildlife photos I have
not been breaking new ground in any significant way but I'm beginning to see
that there is plenty of ground aside from that which has been covered, and
IMHO I have to know what has already been done if I am to try something new.

I like Graham's landscapes for what they are: peaceful, familiar, relaxing;
certainly not new territory, but proficient.  From where he is now, I'm
looking forward to seeing how his skills develop.

Doug Herr<BR>Birdman of Sacramento<BR>http://www.wildlightphoto.com