Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux Zoom. Was: Digilux use by professionals
From: Martyn Oliver <martyn@wordspace.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:20:45 +0100

George Lottermoser wrote:

...a lot of things, few of them very encouraging. Such as:

>You have no control over depth of field.

That's a great pity, isn't it, because one of the more useful skills
one learns as a photographer is to "edit" the image by choosing to
make only the relevant portion sharp when that's appropriate. Rats!

And B. D. Colen wrote:

>Do NOT judge digital by the results you get with this camera; you are using
>what is by digital standards ancient technology. Fun to play with, but
>please don't look at your results and say 'digital sucks.' Instead, say
>'digital sucked.'

Um.

OK, one final question if I may (though the forum has moved on and
this thread is now starting to have grey hairs). I'm experiencing a
halo around contrasting parts of an image (specifically, dark letters
printed on the side of a pale brown cardboard box). Is this a product
of the digilux zoom's lens, of the image-handling electronics in the
camera, or of my iMac's jpeg-processing capabilities?

Many thanks in advance.

Martyn