Subject: Re: [Leica] Super-Angulon R 21mm
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:38:36 -0400

Greetings Henry.  According to Erwin, the 21 F4 R lens is a Midland design.
I find that it focuses just fine with a split image screen but do have some
issues with the SL.  As far as filters go, I get along fine with standard
last generation Hoya.  I would check if you use the standard B+W as they are
somewhat thicker.

You are correct that I wouldn't worry about the focus: just use the
technique that Ted told us about.  Start at the close focus, rack the lens
until the image looks okay and shoot.  The depth of field will carry the
day.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com