Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 questions
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:47:24 EDT

Hello Mark:

I assume this is your first foray into Leica M photography. One suggestion:
when you get a bag for your M6 and 3 lenses, see if you can get one a bit
larger that will hold a second M body (you will almost certainly acquire one)
and perhaps a 21 or 24mm lens. Your photo shops in London might have a used
leather bag made by Walter Benser; it can be got with inserts to hold various
cameras, lenses and other stuff. My small Benser bag (outside dimensions:
4-1/2"x 7" x 8-1/2") holds two M camera bodies, 35 and 50 Summicrons, 90
Elmarit, 21/3,4 Super-Angulon and the slender 135/4 Elmar from the late
1950's, early 1960's.

Most LUGGERS will say you should get a strong Cordura or canvas bag in
whatever size suits you and they are probably right. I've got both and the
Benser is the most compact outfit for what it will carry and what it will do.
But for sure, consider a bag that will carry an extra M body.

Seth        LaK 9