Subject: Re: [Leica] One man's meat is another's poison
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:03:36 -0400

Ted:

Agreed, but I have only one Motor Drive and two R8s.  I keep the motor
on the one loaded with Provia, for autobracketing and I use Portra in
the other.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

P.S. I haven't used the Leicas for several days because, (I have to
confess), I bought Mark Kronquist's "Monster" Kodak DCS 460 digital two
weeks ago. It uses all of my previously unused Nikon AIS lenses... and I
like it, I like it, I like it, yes I do!

Where is that darn digital R9?

 whomever said....
 > > I've never even thought of, or considered the advance stroke on my
SL or
 R8.  Doesn't bother me... never did.<<<

 I've never thought of it either  .... use a motor and avoid the
ratchitting!
 ;-)

Ted wrote:

 Motor is faster and more efficient on the innards of the camera because
the
 action is consistant compared to the various thumb movements of the
human
 being.
 ted