Subject: RE: [Leica] R9 scoop
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:39:33 -0400

But what does that really do for any of them - and I am not being sarcastic.
Certainly Canon and Nikon don't need Leica's name; and I don't know that the
name really did Fuji any good. It would be interesting to know how many Fuji
badged versions of that original digital sold, versus the number of Leica
badged versions. And, for that matter, how many Panasonic digitals sell,
versus how many Digiluxes.

What would be terrific would be if it were possible for Leica to produce
Leica lenses in Canon and Nikon mounts. I would certainly guess that there
are many people who would be interested in putting Leica glass on their F5s
or EOSs for special use.

B. D.