Subject: [Leica] jobo processor
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:52:13 -0500

well, i FINALLY used the jobo processor i bought several moons ago.  i
have no idea why i waited so long.  i've had trouble finding a job here
in chicago, and i had one fall through a couple of weeks ago, so i guess
i've been sitting around feeling sorry for myself.  i've been shooting a
hell of a lot, though.  i keep telling myself i'll spend more time in
the darkroom this winter when it's cold, but i suspect, being a
southerner, i'll find the snow revoltingly photogenic.

anyhow, as y'all might recall, my processor broke in a minor way
literally a minute after i took it out of the box.  the little clip that
holds the thermometer came off.  last night i managed to superglue it
back on and to superglue my thumb and index finger together.
fortunately, after one-and-a-half-handedly looking through boxes, i
found some nail polish remover.

anyhow again, i processed first two rolls of the new TMZ in xtol 1:2.
the results look good, especially the stuff shot with my 50 summicron.
the stuff with the voitlander 12mm looks a little thin, even though i
know i metered with a handheld when i shot it.  i've had this experience
several times now.  first i chalked it up to trying to TTL meter on
something so wide, but it happened again with a handheld.  anyone else
had this experience?  i'm thinking i'll just have to start working on
the assumption the lens is a full stop slower than i think.  egad!
perhaps i'm just not thinking right or something.

second i did two rolls of delta 3200, also in xtol 1:2.  haven't looked
at them yet.  they're still washing.  next i have two rolls of old TMZ.
then i'd like to try a rabiner special: neopan 1600 in xtol.  mark, do
you have a page anywhere that lists your favorite dilutions, times,
temps, etc for neopan at various speeds?  are those on the massive film
development chart, by chance, your times?

best,
brad

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"I pledge allegiance to Queen Frag and her mighty state of hysteria."
	--Calvin and Hobbes

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

Bruce Springsteen not only cares about America, he is America, and
what's even better, he understands just how fucked up it is and has
always been to be an American, the ridiculous mix of the grand and
pathetic, the painfully self-aware and the mockworthy clueless spiritual
state that has gotten us so far ahead and so sadly behind the rest of
the world.
	--Joey Sweeney