Subject: [Leica] the sob and the idiot, an eBay story
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:46:51 -0300

Hi dear LUG'ers,

this time is to tell a negative experience I had at eBay.
basically I'm the jerk but the seller is the SOB.
his name and email address is:

WilWatty <wilwatty@earthlink.net>

and his eBay ID is

shamta

The item I got from him was listed under the following

# 1366983677.

I'm speaking of a nice Tele Rolleinar 0.7.

I won the auction at an interesting pricing for what a Tele Rolleinar is.
I asked a friend in NY to send payment to the seller, thing done immediately
after the auction ended 'cause I wanted to have the item sent the sooner to
my friend. His wife was coming down to Buenos Aires and I wanted her to take
it to me.
The seller, then, rushed the item to my friend in NY once he got payment
through PayPal. I asked my friend he check the item up for me before giving
it away to his wife. He did so and told the item looked like new.
As I suffer of anxiety I went to eBay to leave a positive feedback for the
seller, even thanked he really rushed shipping and so on. Actually he didn't
sound nice when writing via email. But that's another story.
Finally I got the Tele Rolleinar and it really looked like new save some
very little marks of usage. I placed it on my Tele Rollei and guess what.
It doesn't work. No modification it's seen when looking through the lens.
Nothing. Glasses seem to be pieces of window panes.

I sent to this person more than 3 messages asking him to have my money back
and, of course, I'd be sending back the item to him.
He never responded. NEVER.
And I, the big jerk of the story, have already placed some positive feedback
for him before checking how the item behaved in situ.

Just wanted to let you know the story.

Now, what the hell is supposed I do with this fucked poor Tele Rolleinar ?
Can the glasses be replaced by the original ones ?
Some one selling a very broken Tele Rolleinar chassis or skeleton but with
nice glasses ?
I'm a user, I use my Tele Rollei for work, I love that camera and need both
Rolleinars, I already got the 0,35 and is working great.

Now... some suggestions please.

Thanks

The idiot

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] the sob and the idiot, an eBay story)