Subject: [Leica] Epson 2200 update with Leica negs
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 23:17:20 -0500

I've finally printed some 13x19 prints from my new Epson 2200 printer after
a week of just trying it out with 8x10 prints. The image I printed is on my
website at:
http://www.zoeicaimages.com/html/mardi_gras_2002.html

I shot the image with my M3/35f2 Summicron with Fuji 800 press. I managed to
burn in the right hand corner in Photoshop, so it no longer looks washed
out.The image on the website is a low res. file. Negative was scanned at
2700dpi. I'm still trying to find a way to tell it was a digital print.
Scary thing is, I can't!  A 11x14 printed in a color lab had more grain in
it! And not nearly as sharp. I

I held out a long time for a printer, but it was well worth the wait.

And my clients can now receive prints much faster, and I save gas $$$ by not
going to the lab.

Happy on Saturday and haven't even had a Guinness,
Chris Williams
New Orleans

Replies: Reply from "Philip Leeson" <pjleeson@mchsi.com> (Re: [Leica] Epson 2200 update with Leica negs)