Subject: Re: [Leica] Am I really doing this
From: Matthew Powell <mlpowell@directvinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:54:26 -0500

On Thursday, August 15, 2002, at 10:51 PM, David Mason wrote:
>> Just to be safe ... "white crosses" was a tasteless reference to the
>> small
>> tablets truckers used to take to stay awake and nothing else. I've been
>> gone a long time, ... it might be up there in the same league as nookie
>> when it comes to dated vocabulary.
>
> I've heard them called 'mini-thins' - for whatever that's
> worth. Terrible thing to take really, does funky things to the normal
> heart rhythm.

Mini-thins are a legal 'speed' pill, at least for now. Something like
15mg ephedrine/50mg caffeine. Terrible stuff - co-workers used to take
them when I worked as a waiter, along with a more potent pill called the
Yellow Jacket, which was 50mg ephedrine and 500mg of various other
things not as strong.

You'd be amazed at the drugs your food service workers are engaged in on
the job to keep going.

Truckers, I'd guess, are using something stronger - methamphetamines of
some sort, the stuff that will keep you up for days on end.