Subject: Re: [Leica] Catholic christening
From: DFangon@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:24:20 EDT

<< Simon Stevens wrote:
 > I've been asked to photograph a christening at a catholic mass here in DC.
 > I've never done one before.  Obviously, I'm going to need to talk to the
 > parish to find out their rules for photography (other than no flash). But
 > are there any particular things I should worry about?
 >
 > I plan to shoot in B/W, probably with neopan 1600 so I can shoot without
 > flash.  It's been a while since I used it.  I think I rated it at 1200 last
 > time and developed it in XTOL 1+1. >>

Christening are colorful events with fancy garbs for the baby and the
godparents and parents of the child.  A lot of the color and splendor will be
lost with black and white photography.  This is just MHO.

Dante

Replies: Reply from "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@rcn.com> (Re: [Leica] Catholic christening)