Subject: Re: [Leica] Grain focusing magnifier recommendations?
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:31:04 -0500

>In short, if you're a Peak Model I or Model II user, do you think the
>Model I
>is worth the $100 premium?
>
>I read that the Model 1 has a BG filter (I think that's correct) that is
>beneficial when enlarging b&w negs. Because b&w film is the only film
>from
>which I'd be making enlargements, I'd like to know if anyone on this
>list has
>tried both magnifiers and seen a difference.

The larger mirror and additional eyepiece swivel arc allows one to check focus
out at the edges of the projected image - worth every bit of the added expense
to me.

The Filter makes the image so dim that I can barely see the grain (my old eyes
find it very difficult to use the filter).

I've used both models and much prefer the added ease of use, and extended range
of projected areas to check focus - made available by the larger model.

George