Subject: Re: [Leica] F OFF!
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:04:09 +0200

Mark,

Chandos meant to send his message to the source of the spam, not to the LUG,
only he forgot to replace the LUG address with the spammer's address. This
is a common mistake, and Chandos has apologized.

As Rob said, it is very unwise to reply to any kind of spam, even if it
feels good to give someone a finger in cyberspace. By replying you confirm
that you are indeed a live e-mail address and become much more valuable in
the spamming community. The same goes for the "click here to be removed from
our list" links at the bottom of many spam messages. Just ignore them.

Nathan

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I don't know have we had treads this caustic before? I don't think so.
> It's more of a Newsgroup thing threads and language like that in a forum
> and i kind of associate it with young immature men but I'm sure there
> are exceptions.
> Plenty of people could do without this language on their favorite Leica
> internet forum!
> Let's grow up folks! It's off topic even!

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch