Subject: Re: [Leica] re: rob appleby photos
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:40:49 +0200 (MEST)

> contaminate the wells. The whole thing is a bit of a grey area, I was unable
> to get any solid info about it. I wouldn't want it to seem I was accusing
> Israel of waging chemical warfare against these people, beyond destroying
> their crops.

Well, I worked in Israel for about a year in the late seventies. It may
very well be some kind of poison ... but the same kind the Israelis use on
their own crops and poison their own wells. When people are getting
bombed, rocketed and what-have-you ... environmental considerations are
not high priorities for oneself or for others. It was always a thought
provoking experience to hear that "smoking is dangerous" ... those
warnings just didn't hit the spot in the middle east.

Daniel