Subject: RE: [Leica] Relatively New Leica M user....(Grips)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:30:01 -0400

Alan, you do have to acknowledge that there is something a bit bizarre in
using/needing a piece of broom pole to improve the handling of a $2,000
camera. ;-)

But I have to say that I don't get the attraction with grips for the M,
which is such an ergonomically wonderful camera. I can't help but wonder if
the fascination doesn't stem from the fact that everyone is so used to
seeing them on modern SLRs, and there is some sort of belief that there must
be something wrong with the Leica if it doesn't have a grip.

BTW, Tom Abrahamson's Rapid Winder definitely improves the handling of the M
when shooting vertically, as the added weight and increased camera depth,
coupled with the long rewind lever, create a neat little tripod arrangement
for holding the camera steady for vertical shots, particularly when using
longer/heavier lenses.

B. D.