Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm viewfinder SHOE
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:28:35 +0200

Hi Henry

Good you asked before you glued. I used the wrong glue, the foot
never attached properly and it was then impossible to fix it with the
right glue. I asked the same question as you (after I had tried the
wrong glue) and got several replies. Look in the archives. This was
perhaps two months ago

As I could not glue the foot back, I the cut off the remains of the
shoe and put some good quality Velcro on the finder and on both my M6
bodies. If you really want to make sure you got the finder finder
lined up correctly, then make a comparison with what you see in the
M6 built in viewfinder. Velcro has several advantages: it is much
quicker to move the finder from one body to another, and my Leica bag
has some Velcro inside it anyway, so I attach the finder there when
it is not in use. That makes it much more accessible than putting it
back in its little leather purse, and I feel it is much safer
attached like that than in the little purse that I always feared I
would lose.

Chris

>On Wednesday, August 7, 2002, at 06:57 AM, Henry Ting wrote:
>

>>The shoe of my dedicated 24mm viewfinder broke off.
>>Since its made of plastic (or some high-tensile
>>composite), can I use "super glue" for a fix ?

- --
Christer Almqvist
D 20255 Hamburg and / or
F 50590 Regnéville sur Mer