Subject: Re: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves
From: Allan Wafkowski <allanwafkowski@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:17:52 -0400

You're a bit in the clouds. You seem to believe there is an innate
desire for fairness in the world's governments. I don't believe you can
point to evidence from history to support your dreams.

Yes, the United States is the most powerful and politically successful
country on the face of the earth. With that unique position comes unique
privileges and responsibilities. If this doesn't suit our foes, too bad.
If it doesn't suit our allies, they need to refrain from accepting all
special deals afforded them by the U.S. before they lodge their
complaint. Ronald Reagan was a champion of this kind of logic, and one
must admit that there is an absurdity to countries demanding this or
that from the United States while their paws are wide open behind their
backs.

Allan

Replies: Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] Dumb camera thieves)