From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 04:43:51 -0400

Matt:

I think that the name on the degree is only important if you want to
teach at the college level.

When I got my MFA, (Ceramic Design) in the late 60s I noticed over the
following years that the folks who got theirs at RISD and such, ended up
at similar schools if they wanted to teach.  Same thing for Ivy League
art department grads.  I taught for awhile at East Tennessee and my MFA
grads who wanted to teach ended up at similar state
colleges/universities.

But for the business end of it, it's your work/portfolio that counts.

- --
Jim - http://www.hemenway.com