Subject: Re: [Leica] Pultz's Moo-cow PAW
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 22:23:37 -0400

Peter Klein wrote:

 >Farm animals are perfectly legitimate subjects. They can be funnier
than people, and you don't need a model release.>

Okay, Peter, I'm happy they are legit. It's just that 'cute' isn't supposed
to be "kool" for a certain photo-practitioner self-image. Admit I'm an old
softy? Angst, and it's bastard son irony, is the kool and significant mode.
If not those things, grotesque. I got a heap of each, and in today's
pre-apocalyptic world, it's gotta come out.

And your shot is a bit grotesque, and I mean that in the most Kool way. And
cute, and it made me and Micky laugh, so thank you very much and no angst
required.

 >"spacefaring people returning to Earth after many
generations, only to find that humans were extinct, self-repairing
machines had evolved to consciousness, and an entire ecology had developed
around them. It involved hunter-gatherer activities for spare parts and
electrical power, and even reproduction!">

Yeah! What a great definition of where IMF and IBM might take us.

Anyway, thanks again. I missed the local county fair, but the NY State Fair
is at the end of the month, down the road in Syracuse, and they've got
beasts by the thousands. I hope to provide a full report at that time. Hmm,
what film for barn lighting . . . ?

CP