Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Lux non-ASPH
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 20:26:25 -0700

Paul Cherfurka wrote:
>>> Your insistence that those of us who do anything but shoot are foolishly
> wasting our time can seem a bit arrogant and, frankly, it gets tiresome
> after a while.  Yes, you're a top-notch, world-famous photographer.  But
> that still doesn't give you the right to denigrate those who choose to
> approach photography differently than you.<<<

Paul the whole point is, the archives are full of testing results if people
would go and read them. But what gets me is the back and forth of questions
and "try this try that" which truly is a waste of time. If there was an
indication by the "tester?" that they'd looked in the archives and at least
made an effort first, but couldn't find the answer then fine ask and they
shall receive.

Particularly when all the answers are there in the archives. It's beyond my
imagination why anyone would be burning film shooting whatever it is
"testing whatever it is they're testing." Why not use the lens or lenses
shooting pictures that you're motivated by and use the end result of
something worth while to see how the lens works. The at least you're killing
two birds with one exposure or roll.

I test a lens when I get it out of the box, sometimes! ... a roll shot with
the lens wide open focused from infinity to the closest point of focus and
that's it. Some times that doesn't happen and the lens comes out of the box
on the camera and it's working it's aperture off in minutes.

>>But that still doesn't give you the right to denigrate those who choose to
approach photography differently than you.<<<

Paul if I've done that and that's the way you and others have taken it,
please accept my most humble apologies as I don't mean to denigrate any
photographer doing whatever it is they wish to do.

ted

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] 35 Lux non-ASPH)
Message from Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com> (Re: [Leica] 35 Lux non-ASPH)