Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Lux non-ASPH
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 20:04:25 -0700

Andrew Amundsen wrote

> >From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote (snip):
>
> > Oh hell all this testing back and forth is ridiculous! Damn if you guys
were
> > out shooting instead of playing you'd do yourselves a great big favour
at
> > becoming better photographers!

Andrew Amundsen responded rather testily!
> This testing talk IS of use to those of us with no experience with these
> lenses! I am appreciating every input offered. This is why many of us
> young photographers are here, to learn from the advice of the more
> experienced seasoned ones.

Now Andrew lad  it's still a waste of time doing the testing simply because
if you were to open the archives of  the LUG you could be reading every
possible result of testing possible on any Leica lens.  yep and at no cost!
:-)

And yes done by members who're reading your notes and mine as we talk.

Not to mention the testing results by Mr. Erwin Puts. Whom I'm sure you are
aware of from your lengthy time reading the LUG and the archives.

However, why not ask me directly about the lens or lenses in question? As
I'm young at heart, fun lovin' and a Leica shooter user of many years (40
plus) and still working them hard!

At my age and with the years of experience it's one of my moral obligations
in life to give back to photography what photography has given me....
experience for others to learn from!

the advice of the more experienced seasoned ones." <<<<<

So now lad ask yer question directly offline or on and I'll endevour to
answer your questions. However, be a good lad then and have a go at the
archives first and you'll find an answer for almost every Leica question you
can think of.

Oh and one last thing, save your money and stop wasting film for testing and
have fun taking real pictures. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant