Subject: Re: [Leica] 135 w/goggles, w/1.25x magnifier[s]
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 22:02:36 -0700

><Snip>
>
> - APO; this view *still* shows more around the 135 frame lines than the
> goggled version does plain.  Critical focusing is still difficult.  Metering
> information is difficult to find, even with an eye bob.  With this setup, an
> M7 in AE mode would almost be required.
>
> Regards,
>
> /Mitch

Mitch this is a fascinating post but which gives the impression to the
reader that there is issue with the focusing of the 135 apo
and that even ways to correct it don't work
the .85 body
the 1.25 magnifier
another 1.25 magnifier stacked.

I disagree in a big way. (The second thing I've disagreed with you on
this week!:)

I've had no problem using for years my 135 3.4 apo on a normal .72 body
with no 1.25 magnifier.
I never miss my focus. But I'm sure i must have at times just like any
other lens.

I think according to the math which i got from somewhere else like the
rep. a 135 on a .72 body should be just slightly less accurate to focus
than an SLR. A 90 MORE accurate than an SLR.
I picked up a 1.25 magnifier but i haven't gotten around to using it too
much I've not had to.

Maybe your camera body is out of whack.

Or your lens and camera don't like each other.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com