Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: WOW!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 13:55:05 -0400

No. At least not in my hardly-humble-opinion. I cannot for the life of me
see why they won a prize for "reportage." On the other hand, what the hell
is "reportage?" I never see the word used anywhere but in Leica ads and
websites.

What she has in those photos is, IMHHO, a pretty amazing portfolio of color
art photos - paintings on film, if you will.

I think where the discussion has gotten a bit off-track over the past couple
of days is with people getting hung up on the term photojournalism, and
seeing it applied to this work. How about just accepting the work as
"photography," and then judging it as such?

B. D.