Subject: Re: [Leica] WOW!
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:11:18 +1000

>Interesting... but will she make a living shooting this kind of material?
>And if so, for how long?
>
>But then art and WOW are in the eye of the beholder!
>
>Not quite my cup of tea as they appear predominately under exposed. But then
>that's because she playing with "shooting the highlights" for exposure!
>Still kind of interesting, but very photo mag looking.

The light in Australia can be very harsh, and with slide film in
particular, you often end up with these "highlight" images, or areas
of sadly burnt out film. I will say, that she has captured the
feeling of the beaches here: I hasten to add, that I do not frequent
beaches and no longer live on the coast.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com