Subject: RE: [Leica] WOW!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:36:25 -0400

At 03:00 PM 8/2/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, Ted - It's not normally my thing either, but these really work for me. I
>don't see her exposing for highlights as much as intentionally underexposing
>and 'painting with light.' Can she make a living doing this? My guess is
>that if she can hit it consistently, she can make a very good living doing
>books, posters, etc. etc. 'Art,' not PJ...;-)
>
>B. D.

But she works as a PJ - on staff at the Sydney Morning Herald.  "Now based
in Sydney, Narelle is a staff photographer at the Sydney Morning Herald.
Previously, she worked at the Adelaide Advertiser. She was the principal
photographer for News Limited's London bureau and freelanced in the USA."

She also won the World Press Photo Award in 2001 (a dead chicken's head and
some feathers) and 2002 (dancers going down the stairs - I actually like
this one) and was a runner-up for the Oskar award in 2001.

She is making a very good living with PJ and winning all of the
awards.  I'll never understand it.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com