Subject: Re: [Leica] Millimeters and Milliseconds
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 09:02:22 -0700

on 8/1/02 7:57 AM, Allan Wafkowski at allanwafkowski@mac.com thoughtfully
wrote:

> I guess it beats hearing how bright dolphins are, and what a shame it is
> we aren't smart enough to understand what they are saying to us.

You mean you KNOW how to evaluate and report dolphin intelligence? I think
this is incredibly shaky ground. They are amongst the most anthromorphized
wild animals I can think of (along with whales of course.)

I haven't looked at the body of work on dolphins in a long time, however,
and perhaps they are writing novels now.

Adam