Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summilux-M
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:21:33 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:
><Snip> But this is simply a case of one lens being
> vastly superior to the other if what you consider superior is having
> increased contrast, flare resistance, and sharpness.
>
> B. D.

HI B.D yes I do agree that it could easily be the case that these lenses
are miles apart in quality but with these variables here of what i think
is some very quick subject moment (kids make very sudden quick moves)
and that big window wall in which the face is facing in one shot and not
in the other we really can't tell. A situation which Rei is saying he is
well aware of I think. But i mention it because i think it might not be
obvious to many people.
Its the kind of thing we learn from studying contact sheets with a good
loupe and printing them so they all match up.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com