Subject: [Leica] Shutterbug
From: Papyg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:48:15 EDT

Hello again, Sonny:

I wasn't expressing expertise.  I was simply expressing my opinion on the
quality of the imagery in Shutterbug.

The quality of images is in the eye of the beholder.  If you believe that a
photo that I call a "snapshot" is a work of art, then for you it's a work of
art.  Fine with me.  Opinions are just that--opinions.  They can be accepted
or rejected.  Opinions in the field of art and photography are particularly
up for grabs given each viewers unique sensibilities.  Some great curators
can' shoot worth a damn, but that doesn't mean they don't have a good "eye"
in selecting great photographic images.

The implication of your comment was that the validity of my opinion on the
quality of Shutterbug's images somehow depended, at least in part, on your
assessment of the quality of my images.  Would you be more inclined to accept
my criticism of Shutterbug's images if you saw and liked my work?  I hope
not.  Whether you like Shutterbug's images has nothing to do with your
perception of the quality of my images.

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Shutterbug (whew))