Subject: RE: [Leica] An Answer to Stuart Phillips
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:19:30 -0400

Behalf Of Marc James
Small
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 5:59 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] An Answer to Stuart Phillips

 I realize BD seems to object to considering this sort of thing
"photography" for undisclosed reasons but, as I am a student of camera
lore, much of my photography is of cameras and related gear.

- ------

And I was pulled into this because....? I was in no way involved in this
discussion...

Wait! I get it: I have in the past joked about the use of the term "Leica
photographer," pointing out that a "Leica photographer" is a photographer
who takes photographs of Leicas, while a photographer who uses Leicas to
take photographs is simply a photographer who happens to use Leicas.

Well, I have some news for you, Marc: I had absolutely no idea that you are,
indeed, a "Leica photographer" and, I know this will come as shock, but I
was not referring to you on the several occasions in the past - well in the
past - when I made the reference.

So But congratulations on being a genuine Leica photographer - there aren't
many folks who can claim that title and obviously deserve it.

B. D.