Subject: Re: [Leica] Major update...
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 20:34:20 -0500

Wade,
    I'm with you there, brother.  I was a week further behind than you were.
As a show of solidarity with you, my fellow tardy PAWer, here's my thoughts on
all of 'em.
    Week 24:  I like the pattern in this shot.  Is the long buzz you refer to
the result of a slow shutter speed, or are you talking about the effect of the
oxygen deprivation on your brain following the long climb?  I ask, because the
shot seems a little blurry, like there is some camera shake here.  Might be a
good shot to rest the camera on something stable, like the railing.
    Week 25: Are you moving in this shot?  The blur is, IMHO, too much here.
having her blurred to capture the motion would work for me, but the railing
being blurred doesn't work as well for me.
    Week 26: I like this shot, and I can't say why.  I'm usually not a big fan
of legs in motion, but this one I enjoy.
    Week 27: Nice strong diagonal dominates the composition.  I also like the
way the riders jeans are set up against the evergreens in the background.
    Week 28:  Lovely shot.  I went back and forth between looking at the
patterns in the rocks, and the shadows.  Reminds me a bit of Ansel Adams's
self-portrait.
    Week 29:  Nice light falling on the lion:  makes a statue looks positively
contemplative.  I had to fix the URL on this one.
    Week 30:  Not my cup of tea.  A bit too abstract for me.  I'm a
literalist.
Fun looking at a whole bunch from one person.  Gives me a quick peek at how
your mind work when it comes to photography.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net