Subject: Re: [Leica] Pascal's "Girlie Guy"
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:31:17 -0700

Edward Caliguri wrote:

> Pascal-
>     I think you mean Bob Shell - he likes to "experiment' with new equipment
> by shooting a lot of teenage groupies who are still using bright strawberry
> flavored lipstick and sky blue eye shadow. Maybe it's for Photoshop demos?
> :-)
>     EC
> --

I believe Bob gets his models from a modeling agency near him in Florida
if he still lives down there. They sure don't look as good as the models
you get from NYC or the big cities of USA or Europe.
As a matter of fact lots of them didn't look that much like "models" to
me.
Also Models tend to be teenagers or not much older.
They don't look at all like "groupies."

I'm not overly fond of those shots from the days when Bob was running
Shutterbug either. I didn't dwell on the subject matter.
Bob's knowledge of Photography is truly amazing and impressive and he's
one of the nicest unpretentious guys you'll ever communicate with. Just
ask him anything and he's got the answer like a magician or psychic
working in a carnival. A true Mega Guru of photographic knowledge like
you'll never believe. He's taken most cameras apart and done work on
them and has an interesting range of occupations. So he knows a lot
about a range of other topics other that photography.
Of most of the Photo "experts" I know Bob Shell will forget more in his
lifetime then they put together will ever know.
I've got the highest respect for him.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com