Subject: Re: [Leica] Was that a real Russion Leica-ripoff in K-19?
From: "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 20:54:03 -0500

I'm guessing it was a Russian copy of a III or IIIa since there was not a
slow speed dial. The lens looked like it had Russian writing instead of
Leitz. It did look good blownup on the big screen. There's probably a
website or book that tells ya what kind of camera it was. They showed it
twice, maybe 3 times and we would have known. Even my wife pointed it out.
Sad huh?

The "real" story of what happened is on the History(err..Hilter) Channel
tonight, followed by the "real" Red October.

Chris Williams
New Orleans