Subject: [Leica] re: cropping posts (was f1 mush)
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:07:13 -0400

>I don't sweat whether someone snips out or deletes extra text on a >reply.
I am on dial up but don't pay by the minute (unlimited time). >Problem is
the big images, and images in general. They can take so long >to load I just
cannot view  them. Did look at yours, it's a good one.

i think he was asking people TO crop their posts, you, for example, posted
eleven lines of text, but tagged 87 extra lines at the end which didn't
relate to the question you were addressing. were i with more time on my
hands, i'd edit down one or two of the lug digests as though it t'were
properly edited by each author and we could speculate the real effects of
not editing one's post on bandwitdh and disk storage. my guess though is
that fully 50% of what shows up in the digest is unnecessary, redundant,
thrice quoted text unrelated to the posters single line of "me too!"

but i could be way off in that estimate.

k <SNIP> c