Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 28
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:13:20 -0400

Howdy Graham,

Your latest clouds with people
http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_21.html is becoming as good as your
stranger project.  I really like the concept of humanity dwarfed by the
landscape and sky.  I think that in a larger print say over 11X14 the
details in the little lad would be just visible enough to really make the
photo.

Well now for the woulda/shoulda/coulda.  I believe that this composition
would be improved by trying a different proportioned print; say 10X18 or
maybe 10X20.  Same basic composition with the whole of the cloud but more
horizontal.  From where you shot this picture you probably would have needed
a wider lens.

Also, because you like clouds so much I think that you will be entering the
dreaded polarizer zone in the M world.  A little bit of polarization on the
clouds would make them pop more without becoming velviaized or in the words
of the most popular consumer British photo magazine, over the top.

Please don't take my woulda shoulda as taking away from your very well done
photograph, just thoughts on pushing the envelope once again.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Message from "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com> (Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 28)