Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 28
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:00:59 +0100

Phong wrote:
> Graham,
>
> Interesting composition.  And here I am, still learning the
> rule of thirds :-)   The things you learned on the LUG.
> In any case, I would have liked to see a tad more of the
> shoulders.  (No, it's not to fill the left third of the bottom edge :-))
>

> - Phong

Michael wrote:
Graham,
    Interesting shot. This gentleman has a lot of character in his face.
Why did you go for so much sky, and just this fellow's face?  I'm
interested to hear your thoughts?
Regards,
Michael Gerard

The background was a mess so I set him against the sky. I have been told,
justifiably, that I shoot according to camera club conventions so I have
been breaking a few rules. Prior to this one I didn't care for the results
but I really like this shot. Ever the rebel I have now switched from bottom
left subjects to bottom right subjects I don't know where this rebellion is
going to end, I am now storing my 'Milk of Magnesia' in a hot damp place :-)

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_21.html

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 28)