Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: When f 1 is too mush!
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 10:40:48 +0200

i,m really embaressed didn,t know i had that much to drink.
because on a 6 by 3 foot boat i would not have dared to hand hold it at
armslength over a busy dutch canal.
Also if i understand it right to do it the leica way you,d have to
anticipate the event prepare the camera and then whip it out and shoot
In rapidly changing light that might be hard.
It,s something i have to get used too .With the other cameras i,d either
trust the matrix metering or use a incident meter (with a dome) and adjust
exposure all the time.
Lately i,m inclined to set exposure for the whole day in order to se the
different lighting better
I tried this a few times with scala but the exposure latitude did not really
allow it.
So I tried it with tmax100 but found the result not very pleasing .
I,m no artist so find it very difficult to decide before i even go out with
a camera what i want to record
i just hope to be at the right place at the right time .
it only worked once or twice so far

for instance while walking times square i found myself surrounded by police
while they arrested somebody who presumably tried to rob a store.
Because i carried the f580200combo the police let me just stand there while
the sidewalk was cleared and cordoned off.Obviously they believed me to be
press.And the beast was able to make 25 shots of which i scanned one

i also had a print made but the result is not much better just the guy on
the right showing more detail in his eyes
what is correct 6 foot or 6 feet?
brgds
twiggy