Subject: Re: [Leica] When f 1 is too mush!
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:42:58 -0700 (PDT)

For anyone who didn't see them, Rei's series of his kids lying among the
autumn leaves are a perfect example of "nausealux syndrome":
http://www.shinozuka-family.com/200110autumnlux2/index.html

They reminded me of a game I played when I was very little. I liked to
spin myself around until I got dizzy. Then I'd lie on my back and look up
at the tree branches and sky, and watch them continue to spin around for a
while.

Poor B.D. got seasick online when Rei posted these.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

"Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com> wrote:

after all that,  aren't you going to post examples ?!?

perhaps you are talking about the "nauselux" syndrome,
where you are focusing at 6 ft, and objects about 12 ft
and in the center 3/4" of the frame take on a swirling,
motion-filled appearance.

i personally find the phenomenon fascinating, but others
on this list are less enthusiastic.

- - -rei