Subject: Re: [Leica] London questions
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:05:25 +0200

Hi Guy,

This is what I do when I go to London (at least once a month on average). As
soon as I arrive, I go to the airport newsstand and buy the latest issue of
Amateur Photographer. On one of the last pages it has a fairly complete
listing of exhibitions in London and elsewhere. London is a paradise for a
photography buff, there is always a lot of stuff going on. Do not overlook
some of the smaller galleries, they often have good shows.

For books (both photo books and books in general), take the Tube to Tottenham
Court Road station and walk down Charing Cross Road. On your left is a large
Borders, a hundred metres or so down the street, on your right, is Foyles--a
bookshop the size of a department store. There are some other smaller
bookshops on this stretch, plus lots of bars and restaurants. You will leave
this neighbourhood much poorer and carrying a heavy load, trust me ;-)

Nathan