Subject: Re: [Leica] C41 B&W vs. Scala?
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:38:23 +0100

On 16/7/02 11:24 pm, "Alastair Firkin" <firkin@ncable.net.au> wrote:

>> Scala is a superb film, and for prints.  Lab prints tend to come back with
>> either a green or magenta colour cast.  Scanned Scala slides printed with
>> Piezo look stunning with no colour casts at all.  I took some Piezo prints
>> to Joe's Basement in London and they couldn't believe the quality that I got
>> from Scala, easily better than they could achieve.
>

> Sadly here in Oz, the cost of development is SOOOOOOOOOO huge, that
> I've left my film in the fridge. One day I may learn to process it
> myself.
>
> Cheers

I am sure someone on this list said that he/she was developing Scala in
their own darkroom.  I cannot of course remember who It was, when it was or
what it was.

The processing is not too bad in the UK, although the cost of the film is
fairly expensive.

Simon

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] C41 B&W vs. Scala?)