Subject: Re: [Leica] C41 B&W vs. Scala?
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:45:11 +0100

On 16/7/02 1:55 pm, "Tim Franklin" <tim_franklin@mac.com> wrote:

> on 6/7/02 12:22 am, Simon Lamb at simon@sclamb.com wrote:
>
>> You cannot use ICE with Scala, it is the same as any other black and white
>> film in that respect (other than the C41 process films).
>>
>> Simon
>>
>> On 5/7/02 8:21 pm, "Darrell Jennings" <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone have much experience with Scala compared to
>>> these.  I took a few roles and it came out great (less
>>> grain and better range than TMAX 100). I haven't tried
>>> it in comparison to the C41 B&W films.
>

> As Darrell says though, Scala is a great film.
>
> --

Scala is a superb film, and for prints.  Lab prints tend to come back with
either a green or magenta colour cast.  Scanned Scala slides printed with
Piezo look stunning with no colour casts at all.  I took some Piezo prints
to Joe's Basement in London and they couldn't believe the quality that I got
from Scala, easily better than they could achieve.

Simon

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] C41 B&W vs. Scala?)