Subject: Re: [Leica] re: magazines refuse digital images
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:23:34 -0700

on 7/16/02 3:24 AM, Sal DiMarco,Jr. at sdmp007@pressroom.com thoughtfully
wrote:

>   Today, I guess they get the "engraved" look by washing the picture
> through a computer program designed for them.

I believe the "engraved" look comes from the fact they are actually
engravings done by an artist from photographs. At least they were a year or
so ago. There was a discussion of what was done, how, and why in the Journal
a while back. Alas these little gray cells refuse to provide context.

Adam

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] re: magazines refuse digital images)