Subject: Re: [Leica] My New (old) M3 and some problems
From: "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:56:48 -0500

John,

Welcome to the M3 user world. No batteries, no motor, no meter. One of the
best(can I say the best?) cameras ever made. Of course, seeing that this
camera is 40+ years old, a good cleaning is needed now and then.

The rangefinder can be resilvered(not cheap) if it is on the dim side. At
worse, the rangefinder would need to be replaced. I would recommend Focal
Point in Colorado for rangefinder and cleaning work.
http://www.focalpointlens.com/fp_intro.html

The M3 will not focus as close as the M2, M4, M5 or M6. Lenses will focus
closer, but you cannot see it through the viewfinder.

I find the M3 has a tighter fit when mounting lenses than the M6.
Some may like, some may not.

Chris Williams
New Orleans