Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions Please 135mm lens for M
From: "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:02:35 -0500

I find the 135/4 Tele-Elmar to be a very good lens to have in my camera bag
when traveling. Might need telephoto at sometime.
It's not too big compared to the heavier and larger 135/2.8 Elmarit. It's
verp sharp even wide open.

When you have fast film, why worry about a slow aperture?

If you are on a budget, get a 135/4.5 Hektor or older 135/4 Elmar. Some
Hektor's can be bought for under $75.00. Just make sure the glass is clean.

Chris Williams
New Orleans, lot of Leicas round these parts