Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Magazine
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:20:02 -0400

on 7/15/02 7:37 AM, Steve LeHuray at icommag@toad.net wrote:

> Steven Alexander asks:
>>
>> Please explain this decision of yours and the meaning of ...too much trouble
>> technically for print.

 their advt).

> It is a BIG problem when your cover photo mysterialy  becomes low-rez and
> your time slot has come up to go to press. If you say "wait a minute while I
> try to straighten that low-rez pic out" you lose your turn in line and may
> have to wait a week to get printed. THAT is a bigger problem than telling
> some photographer that I need his submission in film.
>
> sl

Thanks for your answers to my questions...one more question however,  your
submissions of pre-press material to your printer are they digital or
non-digital?

Also I think we have gotten off on to two topics(it is the LUG), related but
different.  One the printing process and the original, B&W election to only
use non-digtial  material.  The latter, IMHO, is the publishers call and
assuming the subscribers concur with the decision that is his
business(litterally).  As to the printing process issue I am very much
interested in understanding from as many people as I can find who
participate in the business what is going on.  This is a business interest
not one of mere curiosity.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander