Subject: Re: [Leica] More Hollowell Steam Rally
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 17:52:47 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 14 July 2002 15:19

> Graham,
>
> I enjoy these photographaphs very much;  especially
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/gal3_09.html
> Given all the colors around, I would have never thought of shooting
> in B&W.
>
> I noticed that the color photographs have a certain look to them (high
saturation,
> low contrast ?) that is very appealing to me.  They remind me of the look
of the color
> shots in Jonathan Eastland's book "Leica M Compendium".   I often
associate this
> look with the combination of Leica lenses and Kodachrome, rightly or
wrongly.
> I wonder what your scanning technique and equipment is ?  Thanks for any
> information.
Hi Phong,

I have an HP Photosmart S20 scanner. I use Vuescan software and since there
is no specific profile for Agfa Vista 200 I set it to Agfacolour XRG/XRS
200. I get a 22MB file and it always scans too light so I darken it using
the levels slider in Photoshop rather than in the scanner setting. I do it
that way because Sonny Carter advised it and, as is the way with advice from
Sonny, it works. Hope this answers your query.

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com