Subject: Re: [Leica] Light Leak in IIIc -Solved!
From: "D. Matthew Surles" <dmsurl2@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:19:09 -0400

After spending another couple of hours in the darkroom with the IIIc
and a flashlight, I have located the source of the leaks.  There was
a leak around the baseplate that I had previously caught, but was not
doing the damage.  The culprits were leaks on either side of the lens
mount, one where there was missing vulcanite between the slow speed
dial and the lens mount/top plate extension, and the second leak was
on the other side of the lens mount where the vulcanite had
ever-so-slightly pulled back from the little piece of metal extending
down from the top plate.

Thank you to those who offered their help. It was much appreciated.
- -matt