Subject: RE: [Leica] airport security kinda really long. ;-) - Very OFF-TOPIC, but what the hey!
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:51:49 -0500

If you are a legal resident here, the Bill of Rights should apply. If you
are an illegal alien, then they don't. There was a case down here about 15
years ago in which a ship came into port with about 6 stowaways from Haiti.
They had them in a cage in the ship. A Haitan lawyer (practicing law here)
demanded to go aboard and advise them of their rights. They told him to get
lost. He then tried to file a lawsuit on their behalf in the amount of ONE
BILLION DOLLARS FOR EACH STOWAWAY. Yes, that's right. Something like
$5,000,000,000. The court laughed him off (as did all of the local news
stations). I think they took the guys back to Haiti in a cage.

JLS