Subject: Re: [Leica] Hands
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:02:01 -0400

on 7/11/02 2:13 AM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@shaw.ca wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> They've never had anyone who understands advertising and marketing. If
> anything it's been one of the major failings of  Leica for years to do this
> right and increase their market share. And quite frankly I know I don't
> stand alone on this topic.

I disagree, If you read this list you can read much bandwith that Leica is
over priced, under technologized and generally owned by doctors, attorneys
and white gloved collectors. It is a company that should have folded in the
past but continues to produce product whose quality is declining and though
just released a camera that updates its 1950's designed flag-ship product
many call for still more improvements.  All this tells me they have a damned
good marketing and advertising program.:>)

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander