Subject: Re: [Leica] Things to see in Victoria
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:25:06 -0700

Frank Filippone wrote:
>>> I was in Germany this past week, and noticed a letter which I
intercepted
> from Leica Camera, Germany to one of our favorite Luggers>

Hi Frank,
Man you have a wonderful imagination! ;-)  Thank you.

> Dear Ted,,,,,
>
> We have heard that you spend time in pastures getting the "cow stuff" off
> your M6.<<<,

Well OK eh? It wan't my fault the cow had a twitch at the wrong moment. :-)
But I swear in Phoenix at 118 degrees I could still catch a scent from the
splattering. Whew on some hot days..... wheeeeeeoooo! :-(

For you new comers this was a moment of cow over kill on yours truly due to
having a ...     Oh never mind, look in the archives for all the horrid
details. :-)

>>Further, that you use your long johns for cleaning the world's finest
lenses.  Last but not least, the admission that you polish your Leica
cameras.<<<<

But gee whiz Frank they've known about that one for years, hell I was
showing their techs that cleaning method at the Munich '72 Summer Olympics
and they thought it was cool as they all brought their undershorts to the
office the next day for lens cleaning. ;-)

>  We appreciate your images.  We love your books.  We worship your
> photographic wisdom.  We all appreciate your enormous enthusiasm with all
> things Leica, but in some ways, your battle tales are a bit too risque for
> the old Company.<<<

Hey I can't help it, I'm a creative kinda guy. ;-)

> However, your "recommendations " on things to do with your Leica are quite
> honestly , driving our marketing personnel to spend their extra time in
the
> local, rather than at their desks.  Please try to tone down your stories,
> especially in these extracurricular ways.<<<<

Hey I just try to help Leica users do great things! ;-)

> PS: Ted, we love you.......AND your stories.<<<<

Well gee I'm glad you didn't call me "old screed ted!" ;-)

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant